Off-Leash Dog Park
The Village's off-leash dog park is located at the intersection of 8th Street and Veterans Avenue just south of the Wastewater Treatment Plant. The area is approximately 1520 square meters and is enclosed by a 4 foot tall chain length fence with gate entry. The park features animal waste disposal bags and garbage receptacles for use by patrons of the park. Hours of operation are from 7 AM to 10 PM daily.
The park is intended for leash free dog exercise and is large enough to accommodate a number of dogs at any given time. It is every dog owner's responsibility to be proactive in mitigating any potential conflicts between dogs while using the park.
- A maximum of two dogs per adult owner in the off-leash area.
- Owners are personally liable for any damages or injuries inflicted by their dog.
- Dogs must be under the control of an adult owner, and dogs must be in sight of the owner at all times.
- Dogs must be wearing a valid dog license and be properly vaccinated in order to use this off-leash area.
- Owners are required to pick up their dog's feces and dispose in the receptacle provided.
- Female dogs in heat are not allowed.
- Owners must respect other park visitors by keeping their dogs from running up and jumping on other people.
- Dogs must be on a leash prior to entering and upon leaving this off-leash area.
- Children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
- USE THE OFF LEASH PARK AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE VILLAGE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR INJURY INCURRED BY ANY PERSON OR DOG WHILE USING THE OFF-LEASH PARK.
- THE VILLAGE HAS THE RIGHT TO BAN ANYONE FROM THE PARK WHO BREACHES THESE RULES.
Additional Notes to Pet Owners
- A dog off-leash park is a place where owners can take their dogs to run free without a leash
- Off-leash does not mean out of control
- Owners must ensure their dog is controlled and not violent or aggressive
- Owners must be within the fenced off-leash area for the duration of the visit and have a leash visible.
Hi. No text will appear in this location. Instead, you will see the glorious wave that spans the width of the entire site. If you delete or hide this block, you will see the two background colors collide on a hard edge where this wave used to be.
- Building Permit & Inspections
- Business Licence
- Dog Licences
- Garbage & Recycling
- Planning & Development
- Development Variance Permits
- Property Taxes
- Public Works
- Facade Program
- Liquid Waste Mgmt
- Bid Opps
- Notification System Signup