Bylaws & Policies

The Bylaws and Policies listed are for convenience only.  The original documents at the Village Office remain the official version. To verify the accuracy and currency of this information please contact the Village Office at:

Phone:  (250) 499-2711
702 – 4th Street
Keremeos, BC

Business Hours

Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Closed on weekends and Statutory Holidays




Bylaw Enforcement Policy

Our Bylaw Enforcement Officer contractor is given the task of investigating written complaints received from the public about alleged violations of the Village's bylaws.  These violations usually pertain to unsightly property conditions, animal control and snow/ice removal.  The goal of the Village is not to penalize our residents but rather to achieve compliance through the provision of information.  With the exception of a safety matter that may require proactive enforcement, the majority of our bylaws are enforced on a written complaint only basis.  Each complaint is different and the proceedings are decided on a case by case basis.  Should complaint issues arise on an ongoing basis, charges incurred by the Village to bring a property into compliance may be charged to the property owner and collected as taxes.

Enforcement proceedings vary however most are completed within a month of the initial complaint.  Some issues we receive are considered as a civil matter between the two property owners such as trees overgrowing property lines or fence disputes.

All bylaw complaints must be in writing and complainants must provide their name, address and phone number.  Under the provisions of the Village's bylaw enforcement policy, the written complaint must be signed by two unrelated Village residents OR one Village resident or property owner that lives or owns property within 30 meters of the property that is the subject of the bylaw complaint.  Complainant information is considered confidential and will not be released to the person whose property is under complaint unless an order has been made by the BC Freedom of Information Commissioner or where necessary in a court of law.