Lower Similkameen Community Services Society (LSCSS) is partnering with FortisBC to help residents save money and use energy more efficiently!
Get free energy-saving advice and upgrades for your home
The Energy Conservation Assistance Program from FortisBC can help make your home more comfortable, safe and energy efficient—at no cost for income-qualified households. For example, a family of four with an annual household income of $63,800 or less could qualify.
The program includes:
- a review of your home’s energy use with an energy coach
- advice to help you save energy and money
- free installation of products such as energy-saving LED light bulbs, water-efficient showerheads, weather-stripping, carbon monoxide detectors and more
Some homes may also be eligible for upgrades such as insulation, an ENERGY STAR® fridge or a high-efficiency gas furnace (depending on characteristics of the home and other program criteria, such as the age, energy source and efficiency of your existing equipment).
Applications can be picked up at the following Keremeos locations:
- Keremeos Library
- Village of Keremeos Office
- Buy-Low Foods Keremeos
- Keremeos Home Hardware Building Centre
To review a copy of the eligibility criteria, click here
To review a copy of the application form, click here
Contact LSCSS at HousingCoord2@LSCSS.com for further information